Sunday, June 3, 2007

My [LATE] End of the MAY Post!

May was super duper busy from the beginning to end for me! It was so crazy that most of it is a blur! I was still dealing with sick kids (yeah, since the middle of April into the full month of May) and also myself being sick. I can finally say I feel ALL BETTER now!! :) My hubby was on vacation for a week and we stayed busy with little things here and there. Then, of course, we had the lovely NSD to celebrate and there was so much going on so many places I was so worn out by the end of it all but MAN what a fun time (and I bought lots of goodies at crazy great prices)!

I bought the kids tickets to go see The Wiggles Live!! They are going to LOVE that! They won't be in our area until the end of July but I'm just glad I got tickets!

And this is for the End of the Month Blog Challenge at TTS:

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Well, it sure as heck wasn't my Digital Scrapbook Magazine! I'm so upset that I did not, and from what everyone else is saying, WILL NOT get the 2nd issue. I am going to call them tomorrow to let them know that I have not gotten my subscription issue and to let them know that my very first issue arrived super late and all torn up. :( I don't think it will do much good considering what everyone else has said about it! Very upsetting!! And what really makes me mad is that the stores in my area are LOADED with this issue but I REFUSE to go and spend that kind of money on a magazine when I already spent the money on the subscription.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
My hubby is a movie rental freak, in spurts though. So this month he has been on one of those spurts. Here are some that we watched this month:

APOCALYPTO (Great Movie)
PAN'S LABYRINTH (another Great Movie)
300 (I wasn't too fond of this one but my hubby insisted we see it)
SHREK THE THIRD (AWESOME!! We took the kids and it was their first time in a movie theater!!!)
SPIDER-MAN 3 (Awesome!)
THE GOOD SHEPHERD
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM (CUTE family movie)
CHILDREN OF MEN (Really Good!!)
BLOOD DIAMOND (loved this one!)
THE DEPARTED (another fantastic movie)
MAN OF THE YEAR (I fell asleep and didn't get to watch it all)

What special days did I celebrate and how?
May is a FABULOUS month because it is the month the twins were born! So we celebrated their birthday (even though they weren't feeling good) on May 12th. They were born on May 6th and we had a little cake here at the house for them but the weekend after is when we had a party for their friends and other family at the park! It turned out to be a GORGEOUS day! My mom ordered them their cakes from Bethel Bakery and OH MY GOSH were they delish! Here's pics I took of them:




They got lots of fun gifts like craft stuff (coloring books, playdoh, paints) and Jamie and I got them Dora & Diego Scooters! Which they LOVE!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
From April through May myself and the kids came down with some NASTY virus. I forget what the name of it causes cole/flu symptoms along with respiratory problems and best of all something like pink eye. My eyes hurt so bad I just wanted to pull them out. I am SO glad to be over that nasty bug! My daughter ended up with a double ear infection from it but my son's ears ended up being okay since he had the ear tubes put in. These ear tubes have done wonders for us! We used to live in the doctors office from ear infection after ear infection with him. Ever since the surgery he hasn't had one ear infection! I was nervous at first but now am so glad we did it!

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Besides the fun birthday festivities Jamie and I took the kids to The Pittsburgh Zoo. This time we ended up just getting a family pass because the kids (and myself) LOVE going there! :) It was a great day (wonderful weather) and my mom and sister went along with us! We also took the kids fishing quite a few times at a local park!



Pics from the Zoo:

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
I tried a new recipe that I got off of Gina Millers Blog! It is called Low-Fat Asian Crockpot Chicken and it was mighty good for being low fat! ;)

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
I got a bunch of scrappy stuff during NSD. My unusual buy has to be this INFLATE-A-POTTY!
I wanted to get this for my kids! My DD is fully potty trained but everytime we would go out in public I stuck a diaper on her because I just didn't want her using the public restrooms. So this potty was my solution! HEHEHEEE!

What were this month's disappointments?
My husband is taking a new job. That should be a good thing right?! Well, it is very depressing, stressful and just horrible for me! My husband is a truck driver and he currently has a local driving job. For this new job he will be going over-the-road. I'm sick about the whole thing but he thinks this is best for us. We shall see. He starts in July which is when he has to go away for a 2-week training which is even more upsetting but we are in the process of finding out if me and the kids can go with him. Even if we are allowed to go with him I'm not sure if I am up for it since I will be stuck with 2 3-year-olds in a hotel by myself while he is at his training. We are thinking he will have some good downtime though. Who knows. I'm tired of being depressed about it though.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I got Jamie, myself and the kids appointments for all necessary stuff before our medical benefits stop (when he starts this new job - he will be without insurance for 90 days). Jamie and I had our eye appt's and both got glasses! I got cute Prada (black plastic) frames! The kids went to their very first dentist appointment but it only went 1/2 well. Aaron was such a big boy and did great! He got scared a little but was okay and let them do the full cleaning and look and all! Aubrey....Ummm....NOPE! She was scared out of her mind. So scared she was shaking! So they peeked for barely 5 seconds and we just had to skip her. I don't know why she was so scared! I might have to try a different dentist after Jamie has insurance for us again!

Well, that's my update for the end of May, Thanks for reading if you've gotten this far! Now into June we go! I have a goodie to kick off the HAWT SUMMER SEASON!

No comments: