Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Summer is almost (officially) here!

YAY! Tomorrow is the first day of Summer!! I'm already wondering how it is going to be all summer trying to beat the heat! My two little squirts are forever wanting to be outside but I hate it during the middle of the day when the sun is blazing hot! And my poor son is soooo sensitive to the heat!

My hubby will be starting a job soon so he won't have any vacation at all for this summer which sucks. And talking about jobs todays TTS BLOG CHALLENGE is to share about your first summer job!

My first summer job was becoming a waitress at DENNY'S! :) LOL! I was never a waitress before but wanted to be so badly (I have no idea why). So, they hired me but since I had no waitress experience they had to hire me to clean tables but only had me do that a few days. It was company policy because any waitress hired there had to have some restaurant experience or they had to start out cleaning! LOL! So I did my few days of busting tables then made my way out to the floor and became one of their best waitresses there within a few days! So good they started asking me to do more and more! GO FIGURE! So I did a little bartending here and there (there was a bar connected to it because it was also connected to a hotel. So, that was my very first summer job! :) I did have a retail job but it wasn't a summer job! I did that during the year while I was in college but didn't stay there long!

Well, not I'm going to go give the kids a bath so they can be clean for their vacation bible school class tonight! They got nice and dirty from going fishing earlier today!

I'll be back tomorrow to wish everyone a HAPPY SUMMER and probably have a goodie for ya!

1 comment:

Scrappytbear said...

Waitressing is good, hard work! Good start!